All of us here at Valencia Travel Cusco hope you are safe and well during this pandemic. While we look forward to welcoming you all back with open arms to our wonderful country of Peru, our Government has provided the following update with regards to ongoing travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The regions of Arequipa and Moquegua have been designated as areas with a Very High Alert level. What this means is that:
- Travel with private vehicles cannot occur on Sundays in order to keep movement to a minimum
- Curfews are in place from 10pm until 4.00am the following morning
- Commercial establishments must close by 9pm
- 30% capacity limits apply to gyms, theatres, cinemas, casinos, shopping centres, general stores, galleries, temples, places of worship, and galleries
- 40% capacity limits apply to restaurants, sports club activities, professional events, general businesses, museums, libraries, archaeological landmarks, and cultural centres
- 50% capacity limits apply to banks, financial institutions, supermarkets, warehouses, pharmacies, and markets
- Restrictions have been eased for the following situations: Open air areas for any performing arts (such as outdoor theatre), cultural teaching in outdoor places, restaurants and beer gardens with outdoor areas, zoos, large public parks, and sports club activities taking place outside (such as amateur football matches)
- Strictly not allowed: Massive events, including music concerts that expect large gatherings, carnivals, or big traditional festivals
- Important reminder: the use of masks is mandatory, and the use of a double mask in crowded areas (such as supermarkets and shopping centres) applies; additionally, where possible, the Government strongly recommends the use of a face shield
- Unfortunately, entry to Peru for nationals from Brazil, South Africa, and India is currently prohibited, and those residents who have stopped over in any of these countries must isolate for 14 days
Let’s fight this virus together by getting vaccinated, and come out of it bigger, better, stronger, and more united than ever before!
Your friends at Valencia Travel Cusco