Effective as of August 4, 2021
In this document we describe the different types of personal information we collect, how and for what purposes we use that personal information and with whom we share it, plus the measures we have put in place to protect the security of the personal information we maintain. Likewise, we detail theoptions and rights that you have regarding the use we make of your personal information and how you can contact us in relation to our privacy practices. to be able to exercise your rights.
What is considered "personal information"?
In general, personal information is all information about a person that identifies or makes them identifiable, such as: name, address, email, identity document, telephone number, nationality, marital status, among others.
What is the personal information we collect and how do we do it?
a) Personal information that you voluntarily provide us
We may collect, store, and process your personal information if you voluntarily provide it to us in any of the following ways:
- By contacting us by phone or in person.
- Filling out questionnaires, surveys, or forms on our website or in physical form.
- Sending us a letter, email, or social media interactions.
- Creating a virtual account online with us and managing your preferences.
- If you subscribe to receive any of our services (for example, a newsletter, a blog or by following us on social networks).
- Agreeing to receive general marketing or advertising information from us.
- If you request promotional information or affiliate to promotional or gift cards of our services; if you participate in a survey, contest or raffle about our services or request/ subscribe to our newsletter, bulletin or similar.
- If you provide content (for example, to show it on our blog, website,or our social networks).
- The types of information that we can obtain are:
- Your names and surnames, age, sex, nationality, residence, home address, telephone number (landline or cell phone) and email address.
- Contact information in case of emergency, medical information for the trip(if necessary), details of the contracted medical or travel insurance, information about ISIC (if applicable).
- Food preferences, travel evaluations, travel preferences, food, and accommodation.
- Data from a national identity document, passport or visa, payment data, travel history and information of fellow travelers.
- Purchase or delivery of products or services.
- Dates of your trip with us, payments, and associated expenses.
- Information we receive about you from third parties through whom you have booked your travel plans.
- Information that we receive about you from other members of Valencia Travel (which may be related to travel dates, payments made to us, special requests and other information related to your personal preferences).
- Comments and opinions about our brands and services.
"Sensitive" personal information
Valencia Travel does not collect information that, by its very nature, is particularly sensitive (biometric, genetic data or that which reveals your racial or ethnic origin; your political opinions; your religion or other beliefs; your sexual orientation or preferences; data related to your health, criminal record, union membership, affiliations or movements in favor of certain causes, among others) unless you offer it voluntarily.
We may use certain sensitive personal information when you have given your explicit consent to do so, to provide you with a better service by meeting your needs. We will only share the aforementioned information withother members of Valencia Travel or with our external service providers whowill act as data processors (providers of excursions, restaurants and transport providers of different kinds) necessary to provide you with the services you have requested. We will not share or use such information for any other purpose.
Among others, some sensitive personal data that we may collect, and process are:
- Illnesses (physical or mental).
- Mobility requirements.
- Food or drug allergies.
- Dietary requirements that may imply or suggest your religion, health, or other sensitive personal information.
b) Personal information that we collect automatically
When you visit our website, we may also collect certain data using "cookies"and other automated means; Such data could be IP address of origin, domain name, geographical location, language preferences, among others.
A "Cookie" is a small data file that the website can send to the browser to bestored on the computer so that we can recognize it when you visit it again. Ifyou have registered on the website, cookies will provide information to us and our service providers that we can use to personalize our site according to your preferences. Most web browsers allow you to modify the settings so that they notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject all of them. If youdecide not to accept cookies from our website, you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features.
When Valencia Travel obtains personal data from third parties, it will sign a contract with said data provider in which the third party certifies that it has the consent of the owner of the data, as well as the purpose for which they were collected and the possibility of being transferred to Valencia Travel, unless there are specific regulations that are not required to comply with the terms described above.
How can Valencia Travel use or disclose your personal information once it is obtained?
Valencia Travel as a provider of travel services and tourist services can collect, use, or disclose your personal information directly or through providers with which we work, to provide you with our travel services and other tourist services with the highest possible quality. Your personal information allows us, in general, to provide you with information regarding your trip, to make reservations for air, land or rail transport services; as wellas accommodation, food, entry to archaeological sites, or protected natural areas, process payments and provide similar services that are necessary to be able to provide you with our tourist services with the characteristics and details that you have hired.
In this sense, Valencia Travel uses and processes your personal data to:
- Offer and provide you with information and services that you request fromus or that we consider could be of interest to you; We can also provide you with information about the services of our partners (as long as you have given us your consent, if applicable).
- Allow us to better understand your needs and expectations as a customer and determine the suitability of our services.
- Make reservations, payments and other administrative processes related to your trip and the tourist services that we offer you.
- Work with third-party service providers or named data processors to perform functions and services on our behalf. They can be external providers of components of any package of vacations, excursions, transfers, activities, or experiences organized or that we organize for you.
- Provide security and protection to our clients by providing continuous service and assistance, including solving problems with the services you requested from Valencia Travel.
- Improve our services and create relevant content for our clients and make sure they are of interest to you.
- Improve our website and our social media content to present the content in the most effective way for you.
- Assess and help us understand general trends and patterns in our industry.
- Collect anonymous and global statistics to understand how users use our websites and thus improve the structure and content of those sites.
- Perform internal administration and accounting tasks of our company.
- Manage the general data registry.
- Meet regulatory requirements.
- Avoid and protect against fraud, claims and other obligations, as well as tomeet or enforce legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies andterms. This is only used by us when it is necessary to protect, exercise or defend our rights, or when we are obliged to do so in application of the applicable legislation.
- Provide information to our advisors and insurance companies in case of claim, conflict or other situations considered necessary.We may process your personal information in the following cases, only whenyou have given us your specific consent, which you have the right to withdraw at any time:
- Marketing and profiling objectives that Valencia Travel manages exclusively. In this case, your decision to provide us with your data for such purposes is optional and without consequence on your ability to benefit fromthe services requested.
- Objectives related to your reservation and to give you the services you have requested, which Valencia Travel manages. Here your decision to give us your personal information (which includes sensitive personal information)is voluntary; however, if you do not give us such information, you may not be able to fully benefit from our services.
To provide its services in a comprehensive manner, Valencia Travel can count on local and international service providers. In that sense, you should bear in mind that it is possible that we require certain personal information to transfer it to third parties that provide services on our behalf.
For example, if you book flights or train trips through Valencia Travel, we will have to provide certain personal information to the railway company to ensure the booking of your tickets. By booking services with us, you agree that we collect, use, and disclose your personal information (and that relevant travel and tourism service providers or partners collect and use such information) to manage and deliver the services you have requested.
Likewise, we can use customer service providers, services for authorization and payment processing, conducting contests and promotions, advertisements on our website, sending physical and virtual communications, obtaining, and analyzing information about the sections of our website that you visit, to be able to evaluate and improve the customer experience and its usefulness, as well as the specific information related to visits to our website; reservations and reservation management, marketing, auditing and administration, among other services; in order to provide you with services with the highest possible quality and thus be able to meet your expectations.
We require that our service providers receive the information necessary to perform the functions we entrust to them, but we do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information for their own purposes.
Our service providers may maintain and process your personal information in the United States or in other jurisdictions. You can obtain information regarding the policies or practices of our service providers by writing to our email address below.
Agents and Travel Agencies
Valencia Travel collects personal information (in the manner described above) from agents and agencies to the extent necessary to book trips and correctly pay for said reservation. In the case of agents who travel with Valencia Travel, we can also collect employment information to confirm their suitability for promotions in the tourism sector.
Valencia Travel collects personal information from people who apply for a job or a similar situation in our company, insofar as it serves to identify the candidate and evaluate their suitability for the position for which they are being presented. Such information may include name, identity documents, knowledge, and skills training, contact information, previous employment, criminal history, citizenship or residency information, and other information necessary for the screening of potential employees and staff.
As for our workers, we use their personal information to be able to comply with the obligations established by labor regulations; as well as to manage its development in the company.
European residents: data transmission outside Europe
If you are a resident of the United Kingdom, European Union, or European Economic Area ("EEA"), we may keep your personal information outside of the EEA; for example, in Canada (a country that the European Commission has recognized as having an adequate level of privacy protection).Similarly, we may transfer your personal information to travel providers and other third parties outside the EEA; Countries outside the EEA may not have the same level of privacy legislation as in the UK, Canada, and the EEA. We will take appropriate steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected.
Sale or corporate reorganization of the company
We can transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger, spin-off, or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) that encompasses all or part of Valencia Travel, or as part of a reorganization corporate or other change in business control.
After such sale, transfer, or reorganization, you may contact the entity to which we have transferred the data to formulate any questions regarding the processing of the information.
Compliance with regulations and orders from the authorities
Valencia Travel and our service providers may provide your personal information in compliance with a search warrant or any other legally valid order or instruction to an investigation body in the event of breach of contract, the law is violated, or as necessary or permitted. by applicable legislation. Likewise, we may disclose personal information when necessary to determine, exercise or defend legal claims or associated claims, to prevent actual or alleged loss or damage to persons or property.
How is your personal information protected?
Valencia Travel has implemented measures to help protect the personal information that is in our possession or under our control, against accidental, illegal, or unauthorized access, alteration, loss, destruction, disclosure or use. In this sense, we maintain technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure.
Our suppliers and contractors who may have access to your information to provide services on our behalf, will be obliged to maintain the confidentialityof the information and to provide adequate data security measures, not being able to use said information for any other purpose.
We cannot guarantee that the collection or transmission of information over the Internet or other publicly accessible communication networks will be 100% secure, therefore we cannot guarantee the security of such information.
Our processes for the preservation of personal information have been designed to retain personal information of our clients for a period no longer than necessary for the purposes set out above or for compliance with other legal requirements. Your personal information will be anonymized or deleted if your last interaction with Valencia Travel was more than 10 years.
For your own protection, we recommend that you do not include sensitive personal information, credit card details, or similar personal information in any email you send to us or our staff.
Our website may have links to other websites for your convenience and information, which operate independently of us and may have their own privacy policies, which we suggest you review. We will not be responsible forthe content of the linked website, any use of the website, or the privacy practices of the website.
Can I access my personal information?
You have the right to access, update and rectify inaccuracies in the personalinformation that is in our possession and under our control, except for certain exceptions prescribed by law; You can also revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data, either for all the purposes that you consented to or for any of them. You can exercise this right through our website or by sending us an email or writing to us at the contact informationthat we indicate below. For security, we may take steps to verify your identity before processing your request.
To exercise the rights described, send us a communication as follows:
For the attention of Rene Hurtado – CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Valencia Travel IT team: email@example.com
In the unlikely event that you wish to make a complaint about our collection,transfer or processing of your personal information, you can do so with the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
In addition to the rights described above, if you are a resident of the United Kingdom, the European Union, or the EEA, you also have the following rights:
- Be informed of the period for which we retain personal information or the basis on which we make decisions about how long we retain such information.
- Request that we delete your personal information, subject to the necessary legal requirements that we may have to keep the information.
- Oppose the processing of your personal information or restrict it. However,we may not be able to provide you with some services without processing such information
- .Receive a copy of your personal information that we maintain in a portable format.
- File a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact the person responsible for the processing of personal data at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our contact information provided in this document.