9 Days / 8 Nights
The authentic sites of South America’s most-visited country, Peru, come to life before your eyes on this 9-day tour of Peru. The highlight of your Peru Tour will be, of course, the Seventh Wonder of the World, Machu Picchu. Just like many of our Peru Vacation Packages, on this trip, you will sample the delights of the capital, Lima. You will walk on the cobblestone streets of Cusco and view the incredible landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. When you travel to Machu Picchu follow the spectacular Route of the Sun to the sapphire jewel, the spectacular Lake Titicaca. This Picture Perfect Peru Tour will show you all around our land full of hidden treasures, you will take excursions to the most wonderful places in the Peruvian Andes Mountains, and explore Lima, Lake Titicaca, Cusco, the Sacred Valley of the Incas & Machu Picchu. Fulfill the dream that you have had since you were a kid with our awe-inspiring Peru vacation package when you explore South America’s best destinations, including Cusco, the oldest continuously inhabited city on the continent. If Lima is the center of modern Peru, Cusco is its cultural heart. Peru’s magical Inca civilization called Cusco the most sacred place in all of their Empire. Experience the landscapes and sites by spending 9 days in Peru!
From the moment you arrive in Lima, a team member of Valencia travel will be waiting for you at the airport and take you, by private transport, to your hotel. Then you will have all day to relax and enjoy the beauty of Lima and its surroundings.
In the afternoon, you will enjoy a Lima City Tour. The first stop on our Lima city tour is Huaca Pucllana, a huge archaeological site in Miraflores, one of Lima’s most upscale districts. Huaca Pucllana was an important ceremonial...
Once you arrive in Cusco, a member of Valencia travel's team will be waiting at the airport to pick you up in our private transport and take you to your hotel. Then you will have all the day to relax and enjoy the magical beauty of Cusco and its surroundings.
After breakfast, enjoy a free day to explore Cusco at your ease. The capital city of the Inca Empire is now the undisputed archaeological capital of the Americas, as well as the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city.
Our tour begins in Cusco, where we’ll pick you up at 09h00 and then head to the train station to board the train to Aguas Calientes (also known as Machu Picchu Pueblo). The train leaves at approximately 11h30, although the exact schedule does change sometimes. The two-hour train journey is a memorable experience in itself, as we pass through river canyons and rolling hills.
Aguas Calientes is the gateway to Machu Picchu, sitting in a deep gorge at the foot of the m...
To best appreciate Machu Picchu, we’ll wake up early in the morning to get to the citadel in good time. You’ll have time for a hearty breakfast first, and then your guide will pick you up from the hotel at around 05h40. We’ll then walk to the bus departure point for the short yet zigzagging ascent along the road to Machu Picchu.
We’ll then pass through the gates into the Machu Picchu archaeological site. Here you’ll begin your guided walking tour ...
After breakfast, you'll be picked up from your hotel at 06h30 and dropped off at the bus station to take a bus trip, which is a combined guided tour that will stop off at four impressive historical sites:
• Andahuaylillas: Colloquially known as “The Sistine Chapel of South America”. This church is one of the most beautiful examples of Andean popular religious art.
• Raqchi (Wiracocha God Temple): This was an Inca chur...
Our Titicaca adventure begins at 07h30 when we pick you up from your hotel in Puno and head down to the port. We’ll then take a comfortable motorboat out to the floating islands of the Uros people. These artificial islands are located about 14 km from the port, and it takes about 30 minutes to get there – but you won’t be in any rush, as the scenery is spectacular.
When we arrive at the floating islands, you’ll probably be amazed by the scale of t...
In the morning you’ll have a traditional breakfast with your host family – and feel free to help cook if you like! After breakfast, you are free to join in with any of the daily activities, which could include cultivating crops, tending to the animals or even building a house or other structure in the traditional way. Your experienced guide will ensure that this part of the trip is a totally authentic experience, after a morning of cultural immersion, it will be time for a...
After Breakfast, transfer Hotel to Juliaca Airport for your flight to Lima.
• Accommodation: Casa Andina Miraflores Centro (1 nights), Casa Andina Standard Cusco Plaza (3 nights), Hatun Inti Boutique (1 night), Hotel Royal Inn Puno (2 nights), Homestay – Luquina Island (1night)
• Meals: 8 breakfasts, 3 lunch, 1 dinner
• Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Sacred valley, Machupicchu, Lima city, Uros, Luquina islands in Puno
• Private or share transportation
• All of the entry tickets for the tours on your 9-day Peru itinerary
• Professional guide who speaks English
• Roundtrip train ticket on Expedition service to Aguas Calientes
• First aid kit
• Round trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
• 24/7 support and emergency line available throughout the entire Peru in 9 days itinerary
• Airfare to and from destination
• Domestic flights
• Minimum medical and emergency evacuation insurance
• Trip cancellation insurance or any other travel insurance
• Evacuation: in the event of a serious medical injury, we will coordinate with your travel insurance company to arrange evacuation
• Any activity not described in What's Included
• Meals on your own
• Optional excursions