Meet one of our fantastic tour guides who you're bound to come across on one of Valencia Travel Cusco's tours!
Join us on this week's Tourguide Spotlight for a quick chat with Lenin!
What's your name?
My name is Lenin Ttupa Uscamayta
- How long have you been a tour guide for?
I am working as a Tour Guide for around 7 years, since 2014.
- How long have you been a tour guide for VTC?
I'm working in Valencia Travel since 2021.
- Tell me about a hidden spot in Peru that you love, that most tourists wouldn't know about!
While hiking the Inca Trail, there are very specific points most tourists won't know... unfortunately few people can go there. In this hike we can share, learn and enjoy a family time, hard and nice days. I know there are many options, but this is a unique experience. I love it.
- What do you love most about Peru?
I love our Culture and our People. We live in a Paradise where we can fine many bloods, colors, flavors and a lot of adventure.
- If there's one essential phrase that any traveler should know when visiting your country, what should it be?
Perú, definitely an AWESOME Country!!!
Perú, definitivamente un pais impresionante!!!
- What's the best local beer/wine/spirit, & dish, that new visitors to your country should try?
Beer: Chicha, Cusqueña Beer, Chicha Morada.
Wine: Our “Pisco”. As well coca and muña tea.
Dish: Cuy, Lomo Saltado, Ceviche, “Pachamanca” …
- What's your favorite VTC tour, and why?
- What's the best memory you have as a tour guide?
I keep this with me, I met all my big group (24) at the hotel for the briefing before to go to the Inca trail. Everybody was very serious, tired, excited and more feelings. As a Tour Leader I started my work, we started our hike in the Inca trail and every time, every day I tried to enjoy that trip WITH THEM, sharing experience, smiles and a lot of fun. After four days, we arrived to Machupicchu to explore and enjoy it.
During the last lunch together, I was the last one to say “thanks” for an incredible trip throught the Inca Trail to Machupicchu.
One Friend (Hiker) talked on behalf of everybody and He hugged me and raised very high saying we are very grateful and happy for having met you Lenin. Thank you so much brother.
I did not expect that, I wanted to cry, Oh My God!!! THEY CHANGED MY LIFE. After that we celebrated with food, drinks and music.
- What are you most looking forward to once travel opens back up?
Definitely TO SHARE NICE TIME with everyone (Our Clients and Staff), where??? Where ever I go.
- What is your favorite travel quote?
A Big Smile, fun and being honest.
- How has travel changed your life?
I was happy before to work in tourism. Once I started to Travel, I Learned to enjoy every day, every people, every experience (hard, sad and happy). Everything was not happy, but I learned that I have to manage MUCH BETTER MY TIME with my Family and during my trips. I am growing as a Person, Professional and Being Human.