Meet one of our fantastic tour guides who you're bound to come across on one of Valencia Travel Cusco's tours!
Join us on this week's Tourguide Spotlight for a quick chat with Nico!
- What's your name?
My name is Nicanor Arqque Armuto (Nico)
- How long have you been a tour guide for?
I have been working for 15 years in the tourism industry and working for 8 years as a tour guide.
- How long have you been a tour guide for VTC?
I have been working for 7 years so far.
- Tell me about a hidden spot in Peru that you love, that most tourists wouldn't know about!
I would like to mention some unique spots with astonishing landscapes such as Vilcabamba, Choquequirao, Ausangate treks all of them can be visited with Machupicchu.
- What do you love most about Peru?
Peru is a unique wonderful country which owns an exuberant biodiversity with an immense extraordinary culture diversity and the richest variety of cuisine.
- If there's one essential phrase that any traveler should know when visiting your country, what should it be?
"Check off your bucket list of this life experience."
- What's the best local beer/wine/spirit, & dish, that new visitors to your country should try?
My country has so many delicious dishes. They are prepared with a homemade flavor. Some of the favorite dishes to try are lomo saltado, ceviche, quinua soup, roosted guinea pig or as we call it "cuy" along with our popular drinks such as chicha morada, pisco sour and craft beers made with Peruvian products.
- What's your favorite VTC tour, and why?
I love and enjoy all VTC tours and each one has their own charm to enjoy. You are able to connect with its so much history of the Peruvian culture essence of my ancestors and exuberant landscapes. You can check all tours here: All Our Tours & Trips | Valencia Travel (valenciatravelcusco.com)
- What's the best memory you have as a tour guide?
My best memories are always renewed, when I see my visitors enjoying their best experience and completing their bucket list visiting my country.
- What are you most looking forward to once travel opens back up?
To keep building new experiences for my visitors, this will be always my pleasure.
- What is your favorite travel quote?
"Let´s share this experience with everyone, life is unique to enjoy life with passion."
Appreciate my culture and origins and it made me a better person for myself, my family and friends.